HOW TO ACCESS ONLINE CLASSES
60 and 90 minute classes will be held on a platform called Zoom. Here's how to set yourself up.
Prior to your first class: Set up your Laptop/Device
1. Select a device in your home that has a camera that can be pointed at the space in which you will practice your Online Yoga class:
Laptop/Desktop with a webcam
2. Visit https://zoom.us/download on your device and download the “Zoom Client for Meetings” application (for a Laptop) or the Zoom Mobile Apps for your Tablet/Phone (iOS & Android supported)
Before each class
1. Book your class via this link which will take you to the timetable.
2. Please note: Class registration will close 15mins before the class starts, so please book your place before that time.
3. Once you have paid for your class, you will be emailed a link which you can click on and will take you straight to the session. Make sure to check your spam folder if you can’t see it in your inbox.
4. About 5-10 mins before your class is due to start, prepare your personal space, with your mat, a couple of cushions and maybe a blanket making it comfortable. You could even give it a studio feel with some incense or an essential oil diffuser and/or some candles. Bliss!
5. Before the start of the class, click the link that was sent to you post booking. This will open the Zoom App where you will be able to access the class. Do this ahead of time if possible so that you are ready and in case any technical issues arise you have time to sort this out.
If you do have any issues I would suggest closing the Zoom app and starting Step 5 again. This usually works. If not, check Google and see what advice you find there. You can also email me however as I will be setting things up my end I may not be able to help you in time.
During the class
1. Make sure you are on ‘Speaker View’ which can be selected at the top of the screen.
2. I will remotely Mute all class attendees so that the audio is clear for you to hear instructions, so if you need to speak, ensure you UN-Mute yourself first
3. You can use the “Reactions” to provide spontaneous feedback to myself/others in the class (Handclap / Thumbs Up). Or there is a chat option too if you want to say anything specific
4. Click on the three dots of my video feed to PIN a large visual of me teaching you to your screen.
5. I will wait a few minutes to before starting just to make sure everyone is ok and be on hand to help if anyone has any minor technical issues while we all get used to this platform. After this I will 'Lock' the meeting room so as no one outside of our class can access this session. I will keep an eye on my screen, if you are having technical issues please try to reconnect and I will let you back in as soon as I can.
6. Please be patient, this is new to some of us. I’m sure over time this will all work seamlessly. Feedback after your session would be greatly appreciated so that I can continue to improve your sessions.
How to get Zoom on your TV
There are a few ways you can bring a zoom class to your tv.
Screen Mirroring your phone to your TV
I think the easiest way is to screen mirror from your phone or tablet device using an screen mirroring app, this will allow you to log in to the Zoom app on your phone and simply cast the phone screen to your TV screen - so whatever you are looking at on your phone will show up on your TV.
Here's some ways you can do this:
If you have an Amazon Firestick - download the free AirScreen app and follow the instructions. That can be used with Iphone, mac, and android phones.
If you have an Apple TV device and an iPhone - select 'Screen Mirroring' in your phone settings and this should connect to your Apple TV to mirror your phone.
If you have Chromecast and an Android phone - open the Google Home app on your phone and tap Chromecast to mirror your phone.
I would suggest having the class set up and ready to go before you connect to a screen mirroring app in case it slows down the process. Head to the bottom of the email to see how to access Zoom classes.
Connecting your laptop to your TV
The other way you can get Zoom on your TV requires some cables connected between your laptop and the TV. Here's a Youtube video to show you how to connect your laptop with your tv.